Sunday 24 January 2016

Distinction Doors Evaluation


Distinction Doors Evaluation

I analysed the requirements and parameters by creating a mind map which showed my understanding of the live brief. Within this, I analysed what I needed to achieve the criteria of the live brief.

I think my research was effective as I collected primary and secondary research and analysed it for its god features and non beneficial features. I also think that my target audience was effective since I produced a survey to ask family members which are 25+; this gave me an understanding of what my target audience may look for in a door.

I produced a page on the Art Nouveau movement and how it influenced the future of art. However I didn't show my research through my door designs, though i would have changed this.

With the theme of 'Let The Outside In', I chose to lead with flowers since I had seen some doors before hand which had been influenced by a floral theme. I also interpreted the theme in this way as it could go in many directions; from glass to handles.

I found it easy to design for this target audience as the survey I created, told me what my audience would want. For example the large majority of people said they would want a wooden door, therefore allof my contemporary dors are wooden.

When designing my doors, I chose colour schemes which were natural colours or colours which related to the flower which i based the door on. I planned the glass features on the doors by how the theme was fit into the door. For example if the theme was put into a wood carving and not the glass, I would find a textured glass which wasn't related to the floral theme.

I had trouble when designing my doors since I regularly had a lack of ideas; to solve this, I found some images on pinterest of flowers to inspire new doors.

I think I could have managed my time for this project better.

I found my experience of working for a client very benificial for what I may do in the future. I think it has given me the experience that would also make a possitive impression on a future employer.

https://uk.pinterest.com/rachelbamforth/d-o-o-r-s/
https://uk.pinterest.com/rachelbamforth/f-l-o-w-e-r-s-t-h-e-m-e/

No comments:

Post a Comment